FinAid – Ever changing and ALWAYS challenging.
If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter, please reach out to us directly or fill in your information at the bottom of the homepage of our FA Solutions website. Thank you!
Rob Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Notemyer Rogers, email@example.com
Please note that deadlines and event dates noted in all of our newsletters are always subject to change as determined by the Department of Education.
Important Note: FA Solutions‘ Fed-Updates Newsletter updates are excerpts from original announcements posted on the IFAP website so please review the entire update by clicking the link included with each posting. We’re not able to include all Federal updates and deadlines, but you will find additional information on the IFAP website.
Reminder: Active Confirmation of TG Numbers (SAIG Mailboxes) and Electronic Services User Accounts Required by December 14, 2018 to Maintain Access to Federal Student Aid Systems: Every organization enrolled for a Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) account is required to review and validate its assigned TG numbers and Electronic Services user accounts by December 14, 2018. Failure to accurately complete this process by December 14, 2018 will result in loss of access to Federal Student Aid data systems, including services such as Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) deliveries, ISIR requests, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) corrections, and National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) enrollment reporting and updates. Please review the November 20, 2018 electronic announcement for additional information.
Additional COD System Implementation for 2018–19 Award Year: During the period December 7-9, 2018, Federal Student Aid plans to implement additional Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System functionality that supports the Campus-Based programs and the processing of Federal Pell Grant (Pell Grant), Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant, and William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) awards for the 2018–19 Award Year. FSA issued an electronic announcement on November 20, 2018 to provide the following information related to the implementation:
- Website Outage Information (December 7 – December 9, 2018)
- Additional 2018–19 COD System Implementation Information
- COD Batch Processing Suspension
- Contact Information
Please review the announcement for additional information.
Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship Act: On March 23, 2018, the President signed Public Law 115-141, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018, which included an amendment to Section 473(b) of the Higher Education Act, authorizing the Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship. Under this scholarship, beginning with the 2018-2019 award year, a Pell-eligible student whose parent or guardian died in the line of duty while performing as a public safety officer is eligible to receive a maximum Pell Grant for the award year for which the determination of eligibility is made. For additional information, please review the November 19, 2018 electronic announcement for additional information.
IFAP Survey Now Available: Federal Student Aid (FSA) is conducting a 12-question customer survey regarding the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) website. The purpose of the IFAP Survey is to gather feedback on the current design and functionality of the website. FSA will review the information gathered from the survey as it prioritizes future enhancements to the IFAP website. Please review the November 13, 2018 electronic announcement for additional information.
NOTE: Due to limited space in FA Solutions’ Fed-Updates Newsletter, only the titles and links to the updates below are provided here.
- 2018-11-15 List of Borrowers Who Have Defaulted on Their Health Education Assistance Loans
- 2018-11-07 Comment Request; Gainful Employment Disclosure Template
150 Percent Direct Subsidized Loan Limit Info
- 2018-11-14 150% Direct Subsidized Loan Limit Information – Resources
- 2018-11-14 150% Direct Subsidized Loan Limit Information – Dear Colleague Letters and Electronic Announcements
COD Technical Reference
- 2018-11-19 2019–2020 COD Technical Reference
Health Education Assistance Loan (HEAL) Information
- 2018-11-15 HEAL Defaulted Borrower Information
NSLDS Reference Materials
- 2018-11-21 Newsletter 61: Aid Overpayment Enhancements and New Report for Enrollment Reporting
- 2018-11-21 NSLDS Aid Overpayment Compliance Report Extract File Layout (OVPCL1 and OVPCL3)
- 2018-11-20 NSLDS School Portfolio Report Extract File Layout for Schools (SCHPR1) Fixed-Width
- 2018-11-20 NSLDS School Portfolio Report Extract File Layout for Schools (SCHPR1) Comma Separated Values
- 2018-11-14 NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide (November 2018)
Application Processing System Specifications for Software Developers
- 2018-11-14 2019–2020 Application Processing System Specifications for Software Developers (November 2018 Final)
INFORMATION PAGES FOR SCHOOLS TO MONITOR WEEKLY: The list below represents just a few of the information pages available on the IFAP website. Please review the organization’s website for additional guidance, resources, deadlines, and information related to the administration and processing of Title IV federal student aid.
- COD System – Schools are urged to regularly monitor this page, which includes COD Processing News/Updates.
- NSLDS newsletters, user guides and technical documents
- Gainful Employment
- Early FAFSA
- Cash Management
- Loan Servicing and Collection
- Perkins Loan FAQs
- 150 Percent Direct Subsidized Loan Limit Information
- Application Processing (Electronic Announcements)
- The iFAP iLibrary includes many resources — including a consolidated list of Electronic Announcements, Dear Colleague Letters, and Federal Registers.
Thank you for taking the time to review our newsletter!
Disclaimer of Liability: Every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information in FA Solutions’ newsletters. However, FA Solutions makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of the newsletters and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of its newsletters. Although FA Solutions may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including Websites, FA Solutions is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.