Rob Wright, email@example.com
Pam Notemyer Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that deadlines and event dates noted in all of our newsletters are always subject to change as determined by the Department of Education.
Important Note: FA Solutions‘ Fed-Updates Newsletter updates are excerpts from original announcements posted on the IFAP website so please review the entire update by clicking the link included with each posting. We’re not able to include all Federal updates and deadlines, but you will find additional information on the IFAP website.
Operational Implementation Guidance – Federal Student Aid’s Implementation of 2019–20 Federal Pell Grant Payment and Disbursement Schedules: Federal Student Aid has issued for institutions important information about the system, web, and software modifications that are being made to reflect the 2019–20 Federal Pell Grant (Pell Grant) payment and disbursement schedules, including changes that must be implemented to the Central Processing System (CPS), the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System, and the EDExpress for Windows software. Please review the February 12, 2019 electronic announcement for additional information.
Resend Record to Matches Functionality Available in FAA Access to CPS Online to Streamline SAVE Third Step Verification Process: A new field was added to FAA Access to CPS Online in Corrections, “Resent Record to Matches” and a new procedure to assist Financial Aid Administrators (FAAs) with the third step verification process. This functionality was implemented on February 17, 2019. For additional information, please review the February 14, 2019, electronic announcement.
2017–18 Campus-Based Awards Closeout: Closeout of all 2017–18 Campus-Based program awards has been completed based on the data submitted on the Fiscal Operations Report for 2017–18 and Application to Participate for 2019–20 (FISAP). An explanation of the closeout and information regarding the notification process related to the awards closeout is available in a February 26, 2019, electronic announcement.
FY 2016 Draft Cohort Default Rates Distributed February 25, 2019: On February 25, 2019, Federal Student Aid (FSA) distributed the FY 2016 draft cohort default rate (CDR) notification packages to all eligible domestic and foreign schools only. For additional information, please review the February 25, 2019, electronic announcement, which provides information about the distribution and begin dates for appealing the draft CDRs.
R2T4 Transition #2 – R2T4 User Access and User Roles in the COD System: As explained in a December 20, 2018 Electronic Announcement, Federal Student Aid (FSA) plans to move the Return of Title IV (R2T4) on the Web application to the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System. The planned implementation is April 5-7, 2019. FSA has issued a February 28, 2019 electronic announcement with information about R2T4 user access to the COD System and the R2T4 user roles that will be used in the COD System.
- February 1, 2019 – Volume 2 – School Eligibility and Operations [2018-2019 Federal Student Aid Handbook]
- February 26, 2019 – (General) Upcoming Quarterly SAIG Message Class File Update
- February 19, 2019 Comment Request: Direct Loan Program Promissory Notes
- February 13, 2019 30 Day Comment Request; Gainful Employment Disclosure Template
- February 12, 2019 2019-2020 Award Year Deadline Dates for Campus-Based Programs
- February 12, 2019 Adjustment of Civil Monetary Penalties for Inflation
- February 12, 2019 Annual Designation of Title III and Title V Schools and Waiver Process
- February 12, 2019 Comment Request: Cancer Treatment Deferment Form
INFORMATION PAGES FOR SCHOOLS TO MONITOR WEEKLY: The list below represents just a few of the information pages available on the IFAP website. Please review the organization’s website for additional guidance, resources, deadlines, and information related to the administration and processing of Title IV federal student aid.
- COD System – Schools are urged to regularly monitor this page, which includes COD Processing News/Updates.
- NSLDS newsletters, user guides and technical documents
- Gainful Employment
- Early FAFSA
- Cash Management
- Loan Servicing and Collection
- Perkins Loan FAQs
- 150 Percent Direct Subsidized Loan Limit Information
- Application Processing (Electronic Announcements)
- The iFAP iLibrary includes many resources — including a consolidated list of Electronic Announcements, Dear Colleague Letters, and Federal Registers.
Thank you for taking the time to review our newsletter!
Disclaimer of Liability: Every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information in FA Solutions’ newsletters. However, FA Solutions makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of the newsletters and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of its newsletters. Although FA Solutions may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including Websites, FA Solutions is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.