If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter, please reach out to us directly or fill in your information at the bottom of the homepage of our FA Solutions website. Thank you!
Rob Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Notemyer Rogers, email@example.com
Please note that deadlines and event dates noted in all of our newsletters are always subject to change as determined by the Department of Education.
Important Note: FA Solutions‘ Fed-Updates Newsletter updates are excerpts from original announcements posted on the IFAP website so please review the entire update by clicking the link included with each posting. We’re not able to include all Federal updates and deadlines, but you will find additional information on the IFAP website.
Active Confirmation of TG Numbers (SAIG Mailboxes) and Electronic Services User Accounts Required by December 14, 2018 to Maintain Access to Federal Student Aid Systems: Every organization enrolled for a Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) account is required to review and validate its assigned TG numbers and Electronic Services user accounts by December 14, 2018. This includes TG numbers (SAIG mailboxes) with access to the NSLDS Professional Access website, the COD Web Site, and all FAA Access to CPS Online and EDconnect user accounts. It also includes TG numbers enrolled for SAIG batch services for the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), the Central Processing System (CPS), the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System, and the Financial Management System (FMS). Failure to accurately complete this process by December 14, 2018 will result in loss of access to Federal Student Aid data systems, Management System (FMS) and other services. Please review the October 22, 2018 electronic announcement for additional information.
Federal Family Education Loan Program Special Allowance Rates for the Quarter Ending September 30, 2018: Information regarding these rates is available in the October 12, 2018 electronic announcement.
FEDERAL REGISTERS – Due to limited space in FA Solutions’ Fed-Updates Newsletter, only the titles and links to Federal Register notices and related electronic announcements are provided here.
- October 15, 2018 – Negotiated Rulemaking Committee – Negotiator Nominations and Schedule of Committee Meetings – Accreditation and Innovation: https://ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/101518NegotNomCommitteAccredInnovation.html
- October 17, 2018 – Application to Pilot; FSA’s Next Generation Financial Services Environment–Payment Vehicle Account Program Pilot: https://ifap.ed.gov/fregisters/FR101718.html
INFORMATION PAGES FOR SCHOOLS TO MONITOR WEEKLY: The list below represents just a few of the information pages available on the IFAP website. Please review the organization’s website for additional guidance, resources, deadlines, and information related to the administration and processing of Title IV federal student aid.
- COD System – Schools are urged to regularly monitor this page, which includes COD Processing News/Updates.
- NSLDS newsletters, user guides and technical documents
- Gainful Employment
- Early FAFSA
- Cash Management
- Loan Servicing and Collection
- Perkins Loan FAQs
- 150 Percent Direct Subsidized Loan Limit Information
- Application Processing (Electronic Announcements)
- The iFAP iLibrary includes many resources — including a consolidated list of Electronic Announcements, Dear Colleague Letters, and Federal Registers.
Thank you for taking the time to review our newsletter!
Disclaimer of Liability: Every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information in FA Solutions’ newsletters. However, FA Solutions makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of the newsletters and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of its newsletters. Although FA Solutions may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including Websites, FA Solutions is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.